The key to keeping cockroaches out of your home is to stop and control an invasion immediately. The best way to get a jump on an infestation that could quickly get out of hand is to know how to spot early signs that you have roaches in your home, so that you can call an exterminator in Butte County, CA right away. This guide will provide you with five telltale indicators that you might be dealing with a roach infestation:
- Droppings:Little black droppings that look very similar to coffee grounds are typically left behind by smaller roaches, with bigger roaches leaving behind proportionately larger feces. If you see a large cluster of fecal matter in certain areas, it is likely that those are the high-traffic zones for the roaches. Leave a couple of glue traps in these spaces to confirm that you are in fact dealing with a roach infestation, and then act immediately if you are.
- Egg casings: The typical egg casing for household roaches can hold 10 to 20 eggs, and will be long in shape and brownish in color. If you spot any of these around your home, it is imperative that you prevent the eggs from hatching. It is also a sure sign that you have even more roaches present in your home, and you will need to get an exterminator in right away.
- Odd odor: While a small number of roaches likely won’t give off a smell that gets your attention, if you have a full-on infestation, an odor will
definitely become noticeable. A large group of roaches gives off an oily, musky odor, and is an indication that you will need urgent professional help.
- Dead roaches: If a roach dies or is caught in a trap during the night, you will likely find its carcass in the morning. Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures, so seeing any during the day could be signaling a very large problem. Sinks, cabinets and refrigerators are popular hangouts, so make sure to check for any dead roaches in these particular areas during your search.
- Daytime sightings: Since roaches are nocturnal, they do all of their scavenging and eating at night and will very rarely be seen out and about during the day. If you see a large number of roaches during the daytime, it means that the nests are overflowing and you are dealing with an extreme infestation. You will need to schedule an appointment with an exterminator as quickly as possible, and possibly be prepared for multiple visits before the problem is eliminated completely.
When dealing with a cockroach invasion, the best way to take back control of your home is to have an exterminator in Butte County, CA eliminate the pests immediately. Our team at Hobbs Pest Solutions understands the need for swift action, which is why we will work quickly and precisely to rid your home of these unwelcome guests, no matter where they may be hiding.
To get these pests out of your home as quickly as possible, give us a call today for a free estimate.
Categorised in: Roaches