When the temperature begins to drop, many unwelcome house guests begin looking for a safe, warm space in which to spend the winter. This means that many homes are susceptible to ant and insect invasions when the temperature starts to fall. Investing in ant pest control in Butte County, CA, can help you ensure that your home stays ant and insect free throughout the year.
There are a number of preventative measures that you can take in advance of the winter season, however, that can help you stop infestations from occurring in the first place.
Here are just some steps that you can take to prevent ants from invading your space this winter season:
- Spread chili powder: Ants find chili powder distasteful. Spreading chili powder around food sources or along entryways used by ants can help you deter ants and keep them at bay. If you’re using chili powder as a pest control measure, however, be aware that it can be harmful to pets and children.
- Coffee grounds: The strong aroma of used coffee grounds is another great way that you can deter ants from your home. The smell of coffee confuses ants and makes it harder for them to follow a scent trail, keeping your home ant-free.
- Dust with talcum powder: Talcum powder is another natural tool that you can use to repel ants from your home. Talcum powder is unpleasant to ants, and it makes the process of traveling through your kitchen undesirable. Spreading talcum powder along the entryways to your home or lining the cabinets with it can help you keep pests at bay.
- Clean with lemon juice: Wiping down your counters and floors with a solution of lemon juice and water is a great way to minimize ants in your home. Ants don’t like the smell of citrus. As an added bonus, doing this keeps your home smelling delightful and sparkling clean!
- Seal entryways: Ants typically enter the home through small holes or openings in corners or near doors and windows. If possible, try to determine where the ants are entering your home. Once you’ve identified their entry point, use caulking or another sealant to form a hard barrier between your abode and the outside world.
- Keep foods tightly sealed: Ants are ultimately attracted to strong smells and odors. If they can smell food inside your home, they’ll try to do virtually anything to gain a point of entry. Make sure that all of the food and beverages in your home are properly sealed in airtight containers. Additionally, avoid keeping food waste indoors to the fullest extent possible.
Since 2014, Hobbs Pest Solutions has been the premier provider of ant pest control in Butte County, CA. We’re committed to providing area residents with dependable, workable pest control solutions throughout the year. To learn more about ways that we can help you fend off winter ant invasions or other insect infestations, reach out to one of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives today. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Uncategorized