Six Tips for Finding a Quality Pest Control Company
No one wants pests invading their home or business, but everyone’s had the experience of seeing a giant, ugly bug skittering across the floor. A wince is the most common reaction to seeing a rodent, insects or other pest inside a building where you live or work, followed by picking up the phone to dial a local pest control service. To avoid a pest infestation, you should reach out to the right people for solutions as soon as possible. An experienced exterminator can rid your home of unwanted pests quickly—all you have to do is call.
You may want those pests gone now, but don’t just hire the first pest exterminator that pops up on Google. Below are six tips for finding a quality Yuba City pest control company:
- Get personal recommendations: You can search online for local pest control companies, but also ask the people you know for recommendations. If the pest problem is in your home, check with other homeowners. If rodents or insects are living at your commercial building, reach out to other business owners. It’s a near guarantee that a friend, family member, neighbor, coworker or fellow business owner has used a pest exterminator in the past, so call or text, or post a request on social media.
- Consider experience and reputation: Your best bet is to hire someone in good standing within your community. They’ll have a stellar reputation in the industry and years of experience under their belt. Another thing to consider is whether the company can take care of your specific pest issue. Visit their company website for conformation.
- Check out reviews: Hop online, whether with a list of recommended companies or not, and check out client reviews. See what other homeowners or business owners have to say about different pest control companies.
- Be aware of red flags: When searching for a quality Yuba City pest control company, it helps to be aware of some red flags so you don’t land yourself in a questionable situation. Topping the list is a lack of a working telephone number or website—a reputable company can be easily contacted. Also, be very wary of door-to-door salespeople. Successful, experienced companies don’t need to solicit business in this way.
- Ask questions: Don’t be shy about being direct. Ask how many years they’ve been in business, what pest control methods they use, whether they are licensed and insured, whether the person applying the pesticides is a licensed commercial pesticide applicator and whether they offer a service guarantee.
- Gather estimates: It’s important to get at least two service estimates and compare them before making a decision. In writing, get important information, like what pest control services will be provided, how much they’ll cost and the service completion timeframe.
Hobbs Pest Solutions is the most reliable Yuba City pest control company. We are a full-service exterminator offering a range of residential and commercial services to ensure your specific pest issue is dealt with the right way the first time. Call us today to learn more.